Dryer Vent Cleaning for Metro Detroit
Clean Air Starts Here!
Dryer vents are hidden behind your clothes dryer silently doing their job. But with each load of laundry more fibers and dust stick to the sides of the exhaust vent. Over time these fibers clog the vent making your dryer inefficient and creating a fire hazard. Dryer vent cleaning by Hydro Clean of Michigan gets your dryer vent clog-free and flowing again.
From our office located in White Lake, Michigan, our dryer vent services are available to the western Metro Detroit area. We provide dryer vent cleaning for homeowners in Brighton, to apartment complexes in Ann Arbor, to neighborhood association in Livonia. We take on jobs big and small and work all of them with excellence and attention to detail.
Why is Cleaning Your Dry Vent Important?
Having a clean dryer vent is important for health, safety, and economic reasons.
- Clogged dryer vents cause your clothes dryer to run longer to dry the same size load. You may need to even run the clothes through multiple cycles to get them dry. This costs you more on your energy bill.
- Clogged dryer vents put strain on your dryer which can lead to a shortened appliance life. The higher heat from clogged vents can make your dryer overheat leading to mechanical issues. You’ll end up spending extra money on a new appliance because of the additional strain caused by a clogged vent.
- Debris in the dryer vent can provide a breeding ground for mold and mildew. When these mold spores can become airborne, they can make their way into your dryer and onto your clothing.
- Clogged dryer vents are a fire hazard. The debris can overheat from the hot dryer air and begin to burn. According to the National Fire Protection Association, close to 6,000 fires each year are caused by clogged clothes dryer vents.
Top-Notch Dryer Vent Cleaning
When do you need to have Your Dry Vent Cleaned?
Having your dryer vent cleaned regularly in the best way to ensure your dryer is working efficiently and safely.
If you have a long run on your dryer exhaust vent, you should have it cleaned every year. For example, if your dryer vents to the roof or if the dryer is located in the interior of your home, the vent line will be long. It should be cleaned every year.
If the dryer is located on an outside wall of your home and vented directly to the outside, lint buildup may not be as much of a problem. However, you do need to check the assembly that connects your dryer to the outside vent regularly to be sure it isn’t collecting lint.
Sign your dryer vent may be clogged
- Your dryer need longer cycles or more than one cycle to dry the same size load
- You can visually see dryer lint clogging the vent cap on your dryer vent
- The dryer vent flap does not open properly when the dryer is running
- Clothes immediately removed from the dryer seem unusually hot to the touch
- There is an unusual amount of lint in the lint trap from each cycle
- Clothing has a musty odor after being dried
- The laundry area feels unusually hot
Why Choose Us
6 Reasons Metro Detroit Chooses Hydro Clean of Michigan
How Hydro Clean of Michigan Cleans Dryer Vents
Hydro Clean of Michigan follows several steps in cleaning your dryer vent.
- A Hydro Clean technician will remove the vent cover if necessary.
- Then you will be asked to turn your dryer on.
- As the dryer is running, the technician will feed a compressed air tool into the line and/or use a brush to agitate the sides of the vent.
- As the dust and lint is released from the sides of the vent, it is blown out of the vent.
- Finally, the vent cover is replaced.
Keeping Your Family
from a Dryer Fire
Our number one priority at Hydro Clean of Michigan is to keep your family safe. Preventing a dryer vent fire is simple with a few precautions.
- Check and clean the lint collection screen before starting each load of laundry.
- Glance behind the dryer periodically to be sure the vent pipe has not been crushed or kinked.
- Every quarter do a visual inspection on the outside vent cover.
- Every year clean out the dryer vent pipe.
- Have a professional dryer vent cleaning for long-run dyer exhaust vents.
Does Your Dryer Not Dry Anymore?
Does your dryer take longer to dry a load than it used to? It may not be an issue with your dryer. It could be your dryer vent.
When the dryer vent collects the lint particles from your laundry, it can become clogged. As the vent slowly closes, the air flow from the dryer is reduced. Without the proper airflow, your dryer can’t efficiently dry your laundry.
This inefficient dryer drying cycle is costing you money.
By utilizing dryer vent cleaning, the air flow is unrestricted again and the dryer can dry your laundry efficiently.
Definitely Use Again
“Awesome crew and very courteous! Did a great job of cleaning the duct system. I would definitely use them again in the future!”
Friendly & Professional
“Andrew’s team was great. Fast friendly and professional.
Kenny’s is funny and the crew was a pleasure to have at my home.”
Professional 5 Star Crew
“Andrew and his crew are the best professional crew. They did an amazing job with the cleaning of Air duct. I highly recommend them. I usually do not give 5 stars but this crew deserves it.”
Get Started Today
Hydro Clean Your Clothes Dryer Vents Today
Phone: (248) 497-6464
Mailing Address: 10401 Degrand St, White Lake, MI 48386